So you've just gotten divorced, and now in addition to all of the emotional baggage that entails, you have to deal with financial issues as well as the potentially costly and time consuming process of moving out of a shared living space with your former spouse into a new living space.
Storage Dana Point
There are a lot of things you need to do, but there are several things you always must keep in mind:
10) Get everything out as fast as possible. Don't wait to move out, or move your ex's stuff out of your house or apartment at the earliest opportunity. If there is a hostile environment involved, you may have to get your lawyer and possibly law enforcement involved. You want to make the process of moving out quick, like ripping off an adhesive bandage, not slow like maple syrup harvesting. If you don't have anywhere on hand to put all of your stuff, consider storage Dana Point service. Rent a storage unit from Box-n-Go Storage, enlist a couple buddies to help, and toss everything you own in there and get out. Quick and easy.
9) Document everything. Grab a digital camera, or even a cell phone, and make sure you take photos of everything you own. If property ownership comes up in court, be ahead of the game and prove your stuff exists.
8) Get a place to stay. Determine what your resources are, and how long you need to look for a place to live. Have a hotel or at least someone's couch to crash on while you look for a new home, or wait for your assets to be unfrozen. For your possessions, have a good storage Dana Point place lined up. Box-n-Go Storage is perfect for that. You can have your Dana Point storage unit delivered to you, picked up and stored at a high security storage facility just a drive away.
7) Get a lawyer. Enough said. Make sure the lawyer has nothing to do with your ex, even professionals can hold a bias.
6) Scout out Dana Point storage places before you get divorced. There are plenty that service your area, make sure you get your storage needs planned as soon as you think a divorce is imminent! Box-n-Go Storage ofers a perfect Dana Point storage solution to your needs. Bets of all, you do not have to leave your Dana Point home to make all the storage arrangements.
5) Consider getting a second storage unit to hide any undocumented assets, especially unappraised antiques. Again, Box-n-Go Storage service is perfect for this as they can deliver a storage unit right to you in Dana Point and have it picked up and stored at their high security storage facility with a minimum effort on your part.
4) If you're in risk of having your assets temporarily frozen, get in touch with anyone you owe money to sort out a longer-term payment plan. Like your insurance company, or that storage company you're renting out storage from, in Dana Point or elsewhere.
3) Change all of your passwords on everything. Any web sites you visit, bank passwords, and especially passwords for work and double especially your e-mail.
2) Withdraw a lot of cash, don't leave a paper trail. Many places for storage Dana Point has will allow you to pay in cash provided you go to their office in person.
1) Remember this isn't the end of the world, only the start of a new journey. You, and if you follow these tips your material possessions, will make it through this.